We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion sex, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of a non job related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
District Grounds/Vehicle/Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
Salaried/Full-Time Benefit Position
Accepting applications Jan. 30- Feb. 3. Please have applications turned by Friday at 5pm.
General Statement of Duties
Supervises and carries out the development, care and upkeep of District grounds on four sites. Maintains grounds equipment and features. Coordinates service and maintenance on all District vehicles and equipment.
Works under the supervision of the Maintenance Director.
Supervises and evaluates assigned part-time employee’s performance by review of completed work and responsibilities.
Work week is 36.50 hours (7.25 daily). Occasional weekends can be required as well as on-call duty.
Areas of Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with the public and staff in a professional, polite manner.
- Exhibit a strong knowledge of safety practices and techniques in mechanics; with knowledge of diesel and gas engine mechanics; ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed.
- Participate and supervise in the regular care of trees and park vegetation.
- Perform and/or supervise a daily condition and safety assessment of District grounds and facilities including: playground, skate park, running track, basketball and volleyball courts.
- Operate and maintain vehicles, irrigation systems, tools and equipment.
- Participate and supervise in the general care, servicing and inspection of District vehicles and grounds equipment. Maintain service records.
- Train part-time employees in the safety and operation of tools and equipment. Maintain training records.
- Inventory materials and equipment. Research best options for replacement costs for obsolete/deteriorated equipment/materials. Track expenditures for yearly budget cycle.
- Retain maintenance and inspection records for tools and equipment.
- Participate and supervise in projects related to duties.
- Assist the Building Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Recruiting Requirements and Skills
- Be familiar with the use and maintenance of power and hand tools and equipment for vehicle and mechanical system work; mechanic’s tools including jacks, hydraulic lifts, air tools and other tools required for minor repairs and routine maintenance of motorized vehicles.
- Possess valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Hold a current Public Pesticide Applicator certification/license; or the ability to acquire after hire.
- Pass District drug screening and background checks.
- Possess required experience and training to perform duties.
- Ability to work independently.
- Have sufficient communication and computer skills for inventories, record keeping, and contacts with relevant vendors and agencies.
Equivalent Knowledge/Experience Areas
Other safety topics required to have competency either by demonstrated experience, or equivalent training/certification in:
- Hazard Identification
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Emergency Action and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Tools and Equipment Safety
- Other training pertinent to duties
- OSHA trainings
Do you have a creative and fun idea for a class? We are always looking for new classes and great instructors. Feel free to stop by the recreation office and fill out a class proposal sheet.